I recently participated in the Carnival of Twenty Something Finances that was hosted by Bargain Briana. Bargain Briana is a great blog if you’re trying to stay up to date on coupons and bargains. I submitted my post about the IRA Contribution Rules and Limits for 2008, which is super important to understand for young people in the work force. After perusing the carnival here are some of my favorites:
- FIRE Finance wrote about dealing with financial problems just like Rocky. I will always have a soft spot for Rocky and Sly unless you’re talking about Rocky V.
- Bugs Munny gives 15 great tips for saving money during a recession, although I don’t think I can live without my cable!
- The Personal Financier advises from time to time to buck the trend and take advantage of rare investment opportunities. Along the same lines as this article it may be a good idea to pay attention to the battered and bruised financial market as it won’t stay down forever.
- Twenties Money lays out a plan for an initial check up of your financial health. If you skip out on the initial check up you will never diagnose the problem.
- Christian Personal Finance describes a method for getting a great deal on ebay. Shopping on ebay is a great way to get a great deal without using any gas.
- Silicon Valley Blogger writes about the advantages of a WAMU free checking account. That 3.75% sounds awfully good. I will be setting up a WAMU checking account as soon as my down payment is paid and my interest rate is locked in so be on the lookout for a review of my account setup.